Salty Fly 2015 Rules
Grass Root, affordable, open to all skill levels. The purpose is to have fun and promote the growth of Saltwater Fly fishing. We are keeping the entry fees low to encourage people to fly fish, have some fun and not make it all about the money. Fly only, no scent, no chumming.
When: March 13th to 15th 2015
Where: Tampa, Florida
- 2 red fish 1 trout, take photos of your largest fish next to a measuring board provided by Florida Sportsman Magazine along with your id chip provided by Custom Castaways (we give you that day)
- If kayak teams you and your partner must be in line of sight of each other.
- Wading is allowed but you need to be in the line of sight of your vessel and partner.
- It is a team event so no solo teams. If you do not have a partner you can still fish but will not qualify to win 1st 2nd or 3rd place.
- *All participants agree to submit to a polygraph test if deemed necessary by the tournament directors and its sponsors.
Redfish with most spot, one side. A $10 optional tournament with in a tournament. Winner takes all. Cheeky Fly fishing is also sponsoring with a fly reel each team member will get a Cheeky Mojo fly reel.
Boundaries: As long as you check in at 6am and be back by 3:00pm the boundaries are open.
The Trophies will be by:
Nautilus reels is going to make us Gold reel plates for 1st Silver for 2nd and Bronze for 3rd.
Cash payout: Top 3 teams will receive cold hard cash.
- Bonus money: Wangachor is also giving an extra $100 in cash for the highest finishing team that owns wang anchor.
Redzone Apparel will be doing our shirts. Shirts will be long sleeve micro fibers(not cotton) featuring our sponsors.
Everyone as long as they show up for the weigh in is eligible for the raffle. Once you turn in your photo chip checking back in we will hand you your captain’s bags/shirts and raffle tickets. Raffle last year was epic and should be even better this year.
All events are located at:
Little Harbor Resort 611 Destiny Drive Ruskin, Florida 33570
Friday the March 13th 6pm til …Film and a dinner
It is open to everyone even if you’re not fishing the tournament. Free entry, free food, free raffle. Doors open at 6pm.
Saturday March 14th
6am captain’s check in and 3:00pm weigh in and raffle.
March 15th G.Loomis / Hell’s Bay casting poling contest
G.Loomis prizes and free raffle to be given away. Watching or competing, it is open to all interested parties.
We are sold out.
Questions Email me firstname.lastname@example.org or 813.404.6742