Tournament day info:
Salty Fly 2012 Rules
Purpose: Grass Root, affordable, open to all skill levels.
The purpose is to have fun and promote the growth of Saltwater Fly fishing.
We are keeping the entry fees low to encourage people to fly fish, have some fun and not make it all about the money.
Fly only, no scent, no chumming.
When: February 25th 2012
Where: Tampa, Florida
Format: Photo release
- 2 red fish 1 trout, take photos of your largest fish next to a measuring board along with your id chip(we give you that day)
- 2 man teams only. Current limit 60 teams. (Sign up early we sold out of 45 teams last year in 3 days)
- If kayak teams you and your partner must be in line of sight of each other.
- Wading is allowed but you need to be in the line of site of your vessel and partner.
- Entry fee is $100 per team.
- Cash payouts at the weigh in for the top 5 teams along with raffles.
- Teams registering by Feb 10th will receive tournament shirts and a captain’s bag. If you register after that there is no guarantee you will get a captain’s bag with all the goodies.
Calcutta: Redfish with most spot, one side. A $10 optional tournament with in a tournament. Winner takes all.
Boundaries: As long as you check in at 6am and be back by 3:30pm the boundaries are open.
The Trophies will be pretty cool: Nautilusreels is going to make us Gold reel plates for 1st Silver for 2nd and Bronze for 3rd.
Cash payout: Top 5 teams gets cold hard cash.
- Bonus money: Wangchor is also giving an extra $100 in cash for the highest finishing team that owns wang anchor.
- $100.00 for Largest Redfish for team that owns a Tackleweb.
Tournament Shirts: Redzone Apparel will be doing our shirts. Shirts will be long sleeve micro fibers(not cotton) featuring our sponsors.
Raffle items: Everyone as long as they show up for the weigh in is eligible for the raffle. Once you turn in your photo chip checking back in we will hand you your captain’s bags/shirts and raffle tickets.
Raffle last year was epic and should be even better this year.
6am captain’s meeting and 3:30pm weigh in are at.
Mama Iguana American grill.
they serve food and beer there if you were wondering.
6190 N. US Hwy 41, Apollo Beach, FL 33572
There will also be an official pre party Friday night. IF4 Fly fishing film will be shown as well. $5.00 for film. It is open to everyone even if you’re not fishing the tournament.
Sunday: G.Loomis skiff casting challenge 10am at Maximo Park, free entry, free food and $2,000.00 in prizes and raffle to be given away. Watching or competing, it is open to all interested parties.
Registration: We are sold out. Maybe next year.
Questions? Email me email@example.com or 813.404.6742